Monday 27 April 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

At a glance:
Mr. Jackman finally comes full circle - from Aussie nobody to co-producer of his own spin-off (series?) for the feral character he has played for more than 10 years. It does appear than he's sincere about playin this role and that he has taken the character closer to his heart.
Bad news on the doorstep:
The online leak of a near-complete downloadable movie, surfaced a month or so before general release. Hugh said it was like "taking a picture of the bride before she puts on her makeup".
I can't remember if I cried:
When I saw how grossly miscast Gambit was. Maybe the actor (pic) isn't entirely to blame but a Gambit who had no wisecracks with ol' Wolvie and no women hangin off his shoulder is no cajun cavalier. They didn't even get the cardsharp bit right.
Reminds me of:
The time I made an *aluminum* claw out of Coke cans and cut this kid in school with it. There was blood. I was 11 or 12 and I thought I was Wolverine. Honest. I even thought this girl I fancied was Jean Grey and the guy who got her instead of me was Cyclops.
Watch out for:
Lynn Collins, the ethereal Arwen-type chick you might remember playin fair Portia in the 2004 version of The Merchant Of Venice. She calls Wolverine a kuih kuat sup in the movie and gets some memorable screen time. However, the most outstandin character that is fleshed out to every fanboy's approval must be Sabertooth, played by a stocky Liev Schreiber. Man even looks like a lion.
Most memorable line:
"I'm Canadian". Haha.
Amacam joker, berapa bintang lu mau kasi?A solid three. Please let someone like Christopher Nolan do another.